Re: Considering hijacking bioperl.

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:02:31 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> However, I would like to know if the Perl team would be interested to be
> uploader, or to be maintainer instead of the Debian-Med packaging team
> (of which I am member).

IMO the Debian Perl Group has no monoply on lib*-perl packages :-)
Just go ahead and maintain it within Debian-Med if that makes sense
to you and the team.

> Additionaly, I would like to know if some people would be interested to
> package the following CRAN modules, which bioperl 1.5.2 would recommend:
[..]
> (I can file proper RFPs if you want)

Proper ITPs might lower the barrier for potential packagers although
they are no guarantee obviously ;-)

Cheers,
gregor
 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/