Re: RFS: emboss-explorer

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

I am sure that this means that the name of the source directory must be
changed *after* detarring, not before. There is a great advantage of
using the same source as upstream: their MD5 sums are then the same and
it guarantees the user that any change is in the diff.gz.

My opinion about changing original upstream is not as strong as
yours and there are several cases where you have to change it
(because it contains non-free stuff), you should change it (because
it contains for instance bninaries for other OSes that are
definitely just bloating the archive), you might change it
to circumvent lintian warnings (removing CVS directories or
something like this).  Finally it is kind of an esthetical question
but there are several valid reasons where it makes sense to
change the upstream tarball.

It's 5:50 AM here.
The sun never sets on Debian-Med :)

Have a nice day,

... a nice morning, evening whatever - at least in Central Europe
a nice afternoon