Re: BALLView: new package version

> > please make him aware that the
> > maintainer of your ballview package should kind of in routine update to
> > Debian unstable.
>
> I dont understand what you are trying to tell me.

Packages go from unstable to testing and eventually all together from testing
to stable. The very early evaluation of the suitability of a package for
testing happens already in unstable. You have 10 days to send a release
critical bug for your package in unstable to stop the automated transition
from unstable to testing. Some summary I found here
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2007/fosdem/slides/Testing_migration-Luk_Claes/fosdem.xml

Hence, it does not matter much if you have some new feature in the queue of
developments. You just upload, upload, upload, upload whenever you think
people are interested in some new functionality or bug fix. There are rumours
that Debian would be fairly behind upstream's developments. This is
definitely not the case for what is sadly called "unstable". How about
renaming it to "fresh", btw?

Many greetings

Steffen