Re: OpenSourcePACS @ UCLA

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Michael Bonert wrote:

Any particular reason why the UCLA PACS project (OpenSourcePACS -- http://www.mii.ucla.edu/index.php/MainSite:OpenSourcePacsHome ) isn't listed on the imaging page ( http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/imaging )?

Probably the reason ist quite simple: Nobody just noticed and
so we are thankful for the hint.

The only component I didn't find on debian is JBoss-- which is LGPL and could be made into a deb package. Poking around a bit on the web, it seems someone was working on just that (a JBoss pkg) a while ago ( http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-jboss/ ). Also, there are instructions on how to install JBoss on a deb admin site -- http://www.debian-administration.org/users/andershedstrom/weblog/2 .

I guess JBoss would be a cruxial precondition because Debian-Med
has not so many enthusiasts to support this complex package.  But
hopefully there are other reasons than OpenSourcePACS to motivate
a DD to take over packaging.

It is a shame... OpenSourcePACS doesn't have a nice deb package or a live-CD like GnuMed.

Well, you know the usual answer to this kind of requests. ;-))
If somebody really needs it he will just do the job - so if you really
care, we could support your work but there is nobody who has
currently enough time to tackle this kind of complex tasks.

Thanks again for your hint