OpenSourcePACS @ UCLA

Hi,

Any particular reason why the UCLA PACS project (OpenSourcePACS -- http://www.mii.ucla.edu/index.php/MainSite:OpenSourcePacsHome ) isn't listed on the imaging page ( http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/imaging )?

Was it discussed at some point already -- and the search ( http://lists.debian.org/search.html ) didn't find it?

Screenshots of the program are here: http://www.mii.ucla.edu/index.php/MainSite:OpenSourcePacsDocumentationRead

As far as I can tell, it is now all free/libre (with Sun's Java going open); it is web-based (jboss, java, postgresql).

The only component I didn't find on debian is JBoss-- which is LGPL and could be made into a deb package. Poking around a bit on the web, it seems someone was working on just that (a JBoss pkg) a while ago ( http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-jboss/ ). Also, there are instructions on how to install JBoss on a deb admin site -- http://www.debian-administration.org/users/andershedstrom/weblog/2 .

It is a shame... OpenSourcePACS doesn't have a nice deb package or a live-CD like GnuMed.

Cheers,
Michael