Re: [ANNOUNCE] GNUmed 0.2 release

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 12:52:52PM +0200, RKI Andreas wrote:

> > - taking patient pictures with a webcam
> Nice.  I'm afraid we need something in the Dependency list to handle
> this, right?  (I have no idea how webcams work, sorry.)
No, we don't :-)   I didn't even know myself we could do
this until Sebastian tried. He has a webcam with a TWAIN
interface (under Windows). As long as a camera or webcam can
be accessed by SANE we can do this under UNIX, too. Or else
we can just snap the picture into a file and import that. If
the snapshot has the right document type it can then be used
as the patient picture more or less automatically. The
picture will then be displayed in the upper left corner of
the user interface.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346