Re: primer3

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 08:29:55PM +0200, "Steffen Möller" wrote :
> Hi Charles,
>
> for a moment I thought that I would have to contradict, primer3 should be in
> Debian, but no, this is ePCR that I misstook it with. If you would be
> prepared to take over the packaging and the contact with upstream ... this
> would be great! I left the wet-lab environment half a year ago. Another nice
> package is perlprimer that you may want to have a look at.

Hi,

I added primer3 to the list of packages relevant to molecular biology.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMolecularBiology

I still have some work to do with the multiple alignment software, but
we are getting to a point where a Debian user would have a decent
choice, along with tools downstream (sequence editor, phylogenic
analysis).

I will tackle the molecular biology software when a critical mass will
be attained, But I will contact the upstream authors of primer3 in
advance. For perlprimer, I am indeed interested by the program and sent
a bug recently. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=364237

Have a nice day,

--
Charles