Re: Debian-med Subversion repository

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:

Their packages are i386 only,

That's no problem.

install their binaries in /usr/local,s

That's no problem either because we have to write
debian/rules, debian/install etc anyway and can fix
this when passing by.  The most valuable help
in producing the Debian package are mostly the
description texts for debian/control, the dependencies
and sometimes patches of Makefiles (or others).

and are likely to break other parts of the policy,

Same here - we will have some manual work ...

so they have to be worked a bit before being ready for upload in
the debian archives. I suggested them to mail the list directly for
discussing the process more in details, so I hope that we will get
contacted next week.

This would be great.

One thing that we would need to discuss is how on the debian side we
would like to operate. Do you have any experience of, or opinion about
collaborative mainainership ?

Collaborative maintainership has gathered a great consensus on
DebConf 5 in Helsinki.  So I would support this.  It would be
best if one team member is an official Debian developer to sponsor
the uploads.  If there is some trouble finding a Debian developer -
one of my sponsees just finished the new maintainer queue ...