Re: Hi ..

A "hi!" from my side, too.

A subscription to Debian-Med is certainly a good idea. I do not know about
how much you personally are an IT person besides your medical education. My
experience says that there are some bi-educated people around but even for
these the adaptation of software for local needs is problematic - and if it
is only that they need to work and write bills from day one and that they do
not have the time to elaborate on the parallel installation of another
system.

A way around this may be the involvement of a local Linux Users group, a
group of students, maybe together with some unemployed people for
(self-paced) training, that could set up and maintain a system for your
surgery(?) to your specification. Maybe the person who indicated Debian to
you has some more ideas on how to bring Debian-Med's software to life at
your place. You might want to read Debian-Med only as an educational summary
of what is available and would need to specify the gap towards something
that you could use productively. Feedback to the list I am certain to be
much appreciated.

Best regards

Steffen