The Seaview package : improvements, freedom and upgrade

Hi list,

I have sent a few bug reports on the seaview package.

http://bugs.debian.org/seaview

I would appreciate comments on three of them :

#357584: Integration of T-Coffee instead of clustalw in seaview.
There is a third party modification available, and I wonder how to make
it available to the users.

#357587: Shouldn't seaview be in main ?
I think that seaview is functionnal enough without clustalw so that it
could be moved to main. In addition, the above bug is about how to
replace clustalw by t-coffee, whihch is in main.

#357585: seaview: New upstream version available
However, all this discussion on main/contrib may be worthless, because
the new upstream version depends on a non-free lib which is not even
packaged in Debian.

Maybe it would be good to answer directly to the bugs if you think you
make important points, as I do not know if the maintainer is subscribed
to debian-med.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles