Re: Cableswig package

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting this off the ground...

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 23:27 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hello Gavin,
>
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 12:56:51AM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>
> > I've taken a shot at changing the CableSwig CMakeLists.txt so that (a)
> > building with internal gcc-xml sources is optional, and (b) if you
> > choose to use an EXTERNAL gccxml, you have the chance to specify the
> > path to the gccxml binary.
>
> Have you had a chance to look at the patches?  What do you think?

I am just catching up on all this now.  Sorry for the delay, I recently
started a new job and things have been a bit crazy! :)

> Are you still in the new maintainer queue and in need of a sponsor?
> If so, I propose to make an upload of cableswig with the patches I
> previously posted.  I can do so next weekend.  Let me know your plans.

I haven't applied for maintainership, so your sponsorship to get all the
packages in will be a great help.

My plan is to take the latest gccxml and cableswig and get the ITK
bindings built properly for Python and Tcl.  The regular package builds
just great, so I'm wondering if it would be better to just get the C++
libraries out there now as a release (or at least into incoming), then
make another update with bindings added?

> P.S. I have already uploaded a gccxml package to Debian (a month ago),
> though it has not yet made its way out of the NEW queue for some
> reason.

I obtained v0.6.0 of gccxml from your p.d.o site, but didn't find the
aforementioned 0.7.0+cvs there or on debian.org.  Can you let me know
when it's up?

Thanks again - regards,

  :: Gavin