Re: ITK debian packages

Hello Brad King,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 06:12:24PM -0500, Brad King wrote:
> Gavin Baker wrote:

> > So I guess the question becomes: is the source for
> >GCC_XML included with CableSwig patched at all from the original, or can
> >we just use the upstream sources as is?
>
> The GCC_XML tree inside CableSwig is actually a symlink on the cvs
> server to the native GCC-XML repository.  The two GCC-XML versions are
> identical.  Any CableSwig branches are also in the GCC-XML repository.
> There are no changes on any CableSwig branches (really ITK branches) to
> my knowledge.
>
> However, the GCC-XML package version may not match that on the CableSwig
> branch of GCC-XML corresponding to the CableSwig package version.  The
> version dependency is very weak though so you should be okay, at least
> with the current versions.
>
> If you want to be sure, I suggest you package GCC-XML with the version
> number from the date the ITK 2.4 branch was made, which is 2005-11-29.
> Therefore the GCC-XML version number should be something like
> 0.7.20051129.  Note that odd minor versions of GCC-XML are development
> versions so the patch level is just the date.

I want to be clear on the versioning.

I built from a CVS snapshot as of 2006-01-21 for GCC 4 support as per
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/gccxml/2005-October/000681.html

The resulting binary reports itself as "2.7.0" (gccxml --copyright)
presumably from the file gxConfigure.h which contains:

#define GCCXML_VERSION "0.7"
#define GCCXML_VERSION_FULL "0.7.0"
#define GCCXML_VERSION_MAJOR 0
#define GCCXML_VERSION_MINOR 7
#define GCCXML_VERSION_PATCH 0

Is your suggestion that I edit gxConfigure.h and change the patch
value to be the date (e.g. 20060121)?

Thanks,
-Steve