Re: Raster3D

Hi

Andreas Tille wrote:
>> - Don't make raster3d depend on raster3d-doc, a suggests: or at most
>>  recommends: is enough. Oh, does raster3d-doc contain data files
>>  necessary for running raster3d? In that case, you should probably
>>  rename it to raster3d-common or raster3d-data to avoid confusion.
>
> I think so as well.  You might think about three packages
>
>     raster3d, raster3d-common (or raster-data according to your preferences
>     for a name) and raster3d-doc

Right. 3 packages now. raster3d, raster3d-data and raster3d-doc.
But raster3d-data is only 9570 bytes (yes, really small). I don't know
if it's OK with such small packages.

I have also installed two programs to /usr/lib/raster3d/<program>.real
as people from #debian-devel said.
It was needed because those 2 programs need an environment variable
R3D_LIB set to /usr/share/raster3d/materials/
The /usr/bin/ binaries are a wrapper to <program>.real

> Moreover I have seen that you have BUGS.gz, README and upstream changelog
> in the /usr/share/doc directory of both packages.  This is not really
> necessary.  Either put only copyright and changelog.Debian into each
> package
> or you can even make a symlink to the other doc directory.

Removed. I won't put a symlink because if a user install just
raster3d-doc package, he will get broken links. I don't know who will
install only the doc package, but who knows... :-)

>> Anyway, those are just nitpicks (expect perhaps the first point), the
>> package looks nice on a first quick glance.
>
> I completely agree with Michael's other points and even if they are
> nitpicks - they make the package better.

Sure! I like when someone says what could makes the package better. It's
always good to have experienced people saying what we can make better! :-)

I have a question about my package:
There are 2 bash scripts (installed under /usr/bin/) on raster3d
package. Do I move they to raster3d-data, since raster3d-data is arch
independent?

I had another question but I forgot... :-(

Packages available at:
http://biolinux.df.ibilce.unesp.br/naoliv/med/raster3d/

Thank you!

Cheers