Re: Packaging of FSL for Debian

> I'm a little bit unsure about the '*' marked ones.  I would think about
> packaging the ones with external URLs (in case they become online
> again).  Discussing the issue with the authors might be a good idea
> anyway.  A hint to the Debian-Med project might be also interesting
> for them.  If you go on for this discussion it might be a good idea
> to CC the list.

In an ideal world the upstream developers would offer the libraries in
separate files. Might one possibly persuade them to do so? Until then
I suggest to generate the packages as they are from the current one big
upstream chunk of tar.gz as a common source. This is all a bit strange
because of version not being independently being forwarded to Debian,
though for libraries this is a different issue from the changelog anyway.

>From what I understood the co-distributed libraries can be separated
easily at a later stage, with a new epoch if the version of the library
is lower than of the embracing current source.

Many greetings

Steffen