Re: Debtags for medical issues

On Wed, July 27, 2005 10:27, Enrico Zini wrote:
>> >works-with::dicom

> I definitely need a description for this one as well :)  What is dicom
> precisely?  If dicom is a raster image format used in medicine, how
> about works-with::image:raster:dicom ?

A description could be "DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in
Medicine) is a standardized format for the exchange of medical images." So
you could indeed rename it as works-with::image:raster:dicom.

If you'd be strict, the DICOM format allows for more than just images,
such as patient data. But the image is the most important part, so it
might be best to put it under image:raster.

This is just one tag I came up with while looking at my own packages. It
would be good if other maintainers from Debian-Med would check their
packages, add existing tags and report here the tags that they would like
to have added but didn't exist yet.

regards,
Thijs