Re: GUI Frontends für EMBOSS und BLAST

As far as BLAST goes, it depends on what specifically you want.

There is a web interface at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST that's
useful in many common cases but not always appropriate.  The source
package that builds blast2 also includes some web frontend code, but
I've left it out of the binary packages because I'd rather not be
responsible for server-side code if I can help it.

Some of the programs in the ncbi-tools-x11 package support viewing
BLAST-produced alignments; there's also a seaview package for viewing
alignments, but I'm not certain there's any overlap between the output
formats BLAST supports and the input formats seaview supports. :-/

Installing the libvibrant6 package will give the tools in the blast2
package menu entries that allow you to specify their options via
(rather large and crude) dialog boxes.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.