Re: GUI Frontends für EMBOSS und BLAST

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 amalia.vanslooten@arcor.de wrote:

Ich habe das offizielle Paket BLAST2 und das inoffizielle Paket EMBOSS schon heruntergeladen und installieret.  Aber bietet es auch Debianfrontendpaketen (offizielle oder inoffizielle) für diese Programmen?
Dieses ist eine Englisch-sprachige Mailing Liste.  Falls Du meine Englische
Antwort nicht verstehen solltest, antworte ich gerne privat noch einmal auf
Deutsch.

If I understand the question right it was: Are there any user friendly
frondends for blast2 and emboss (inofficial package).

Well, regarding to blast I doubt that there is any user friendly interface.
If somebody would know something which might help here any hint would
be appreciated.

I do not use balst2 or emboss myself, so I can not speak from own experience.
The situation with emboss is a little bit complicated.  I think I would have
seen a graphical user interface but I don't know what the inoffical packages
contain.  Once I asked the author of these packages whether he needs help to
move them to official packages and we would gain some better control, but
this remained ignored unfortunately.  My plan is to take over these packages
and do some group maintainance.  Hopefully the package quality will increase
by doing this and we can help you a little bit more.  If you have any ideas
or suggestions - feel free to post them here.