Re: Fwd: Rural Tele- medical kit

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:47:03PM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> > >  rural tele-medical kit at a village in Sivaganga Dist
> > >  rural internet kiosk and can transmit ECG, Pressure ,
> > >  Temp , pulse and stethoscope data.
> > > I am contacting them about attaching this kit to Simputers.
> > > Does anybody here have a package that could be adapted for
> > > receiving the medical information generated from this
> > > product?
> > It depends on what you mean by that. How does the data come in
> > ? What format is it in ?
> I don't know what they use in the prototype. That's why I am
> asking about adaptation to various ports, protocols, and
> formats.
Well, your question is way to general to solicit a meaningful
answer.

> > What do you want to do with it ?
> Medical records, local and national. Diagnostic systems.
So, is one of your questions "Does anyone know of an open
source medical record suitable for localized deployment ?" The
answer would be "Yes, but it depends".

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346