Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 released (fwd)

... for those who do not read debian-announce ...

The Debian Project                                http://www.debian.org/
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 released                           press@debian.org
June 6th, 2005                  http://www.debian.org/News/2005/20050606

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 released

The Debian Project is pleased to announce the official release of Debian
GNU/Linux version 3.1 codenamed ``sarge'' after nearly three years of
constant development.  Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system which
supports a total of eleven processor architectures, includes KDE, GNOME
and GNUstep desktop environments, features cryptographic software, is
compatible with the FHS v2.3, and supports software developed for the LSB.

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 includes the efforts of the Debian-Edu/Skolelinux,
Debian-Med and Debian-Accessibility sub-projects which boosted the number
of educational packages and those with a medical affiliation as well as
packages designed especially for people with disabilities.

The full text is available at

     http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/debian-announce-2005/msg00003.html

So IMHO the explicite mentioning of our Debian-Med project is very nice
on the one hand and adds new responsibility on the other hand.  It means
that much more people become aware of Debian-Med and that we have to
fullfill expectations of a lot of people.  Thanks for all your work and
cooperation to reach this step.