Re: Debian package for Haploview

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Steffen Moeller wrote:

   2. Find a replacement for Sun SDK.  I have heard that people on
      debian-java list know certain tricks and solutions and would
      be helpful.

This would be great. I tried kaffe and gij - in vain, both report
non-implemented functions.
Did you reported this to debian-java?  People there are keen on such reports
if I'm not missleaded.  They have great experiences how to solve this.

   3. Educate upstream authors about free Java implementations.

They are aware of the free implementations and just happy about their
nice tool.
= ignore suggestions to move to free tools?
OK, this definitely will not be the only case.  It does not hurd if more
people ask but the success is questionable.