Re: Biology packages in FreeBSD

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 08:24, Andreas Tille wrote:
[gff2ps]
> Nelson prepared something here.  Just have a look at
>
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2005/03/msg00029.html
>
> and the following two mails.  IMHO this package might fall in a third
> category: "We know that this software exists at this URL, but we will
> not package it because ..."
> Here the reasons are given in the mails of the thread above: It is just
> duplicated functionality with a worse implementation.
>
> I thinks there will be other programs which fall into this category.
> Tobias, what do you think about a "grayed out" list?

Hi,

that's no problem, I would call the page "Programs that cannot or should not
be packaged for Debian-Med". We could list projects with worse
implementations than already existing programs (as you suggested), projects
with problematic licenses, and so on.

Does anybody know of other programs which cannot / should not be packaged
for Debian?

Cheers,

--

Tobias

    An optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds.
    A pessimist is sure of it!