Re: (Maybe) future Debian-Med packages

"Nelson A. de Oliveira" <n3150nao@bol.com.br> schrieb:

> Hi Frank,
>
>> > Molmol (http://hugin.ethz.ch/wuthrich/software/molmol/index.html)
>>
>> I have an ITP on that, and packages more-or-less ready.  I have also
>> contacted the copyright holders, but did not yet get an answer.  Whom
>> have you contacted, an what have they told you?
>
> First, I have contacted Marc Saric <marc.saric@gmx.de>
> He said:
>
> I think you have to deal with Reto Koradi (currently working for Tripos
> Inc. as fas as I know) or Bruker. I can remember, that they have been a
> bit restrictive about redistribution of their stuff.
>
> I have just tried to contact Reto Koradi <kor@mol.biol.ethz.ch>, but without sucess. No answer from him. I have not tried to contact Bruker.

Reto can be reached at rkoradi@tripos.com.  But although he wrote most
of the code, the copyright is with Bruker and the ETH Zürich (Swiss
Federal Institue of Technology, a University).  Reto told me that the
person to contact is Prof. Wüthrich at ETH, and I wrote im a letter (his
secretary told me that he doesn't read electronic mail).  They answered
me that they would investigate the issue and come back to me later, but
this hasn't happened for months.

I really should ask again.  Yes, I'll give his secretary a call next
week, after all the office is just 4 km away from me now.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich