Re: Open Source Stem Cell R&D (fwd)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:44:33 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Luca Brivio wrote:
>
> >> I did not really found a download or a license but if there is any
> >> interest someone might do a more detailed research on the home page
> >
> > Which download was you looking for?
> If they are talking about Open Source I expect to be able to download
> some code.

Unfortunately, such things are generally yet at a too early stage of
development, indeed of design. I have an Italian blog upon Open-Source
Biology and Open-Source Biotechnology. Note that 'Open-Source' is
referred in these fields not only to the software, but to virtually all
the science practices, particularly to the public licensing (commons) of
research data, know-how, etc. The main goal is to create an alternative
way of making R&D, which wouldn't use patenting... You should read some
articles of Rob Carlson and others about Open-Source Biology. If someone
wants to see some source code, I recommend to take a view on Monod

http://monod.molsci.org

--
Luca Brivio

Web:		http://icebrook.altervista.org
Jabber:		lucab83@jabber.org

"Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto" (P. Terentius Afer)