Re: Debian package for Tigr-GlimmerHMM

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 05:47:50PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Steffen Moeller wrote:
> >If there are Debian Developers out there considering this worthy to be
> >uploaded to the Debian main distribution then I would happily be
> >sponsored.
> As always I'm hape to sponsor your packages if noone else steps in.
> My question is what to to with tigr-glimmer you also are providing
> packages for.  Do we need both packages or only the *hmm version?
We'd need both. Tigr-glimmer is for bacteria. Other well-known eukaryotic
gene finders are in the Wise tools of Ewan Birney (which I once submitted
an ITP for but found it a bit tough to pack since the program dynamite it
provides compiles itself (like gcc) but without a bootstrap, expecting
to find an earlier version already installed ... once I have more time
I'll go for it) and Genscan (which comes only in a non-free form).

Steffen