Tree-Puzzle related software

Hello,

I've found at the home page of tree-puzzle (http://www.tree-puzzle.de/)
under the heading "Related Software" a link to other programs which
are listed at:

   http://hades.biochem.dal.ca/Rogerlab/Software/software.html

While PUZZLEBOOT seems to be a simple shell script which might be useful
directly in the tree-puzzle package, the covARES program seems to be
also a reasonable target which has other related software at

   http://hades.biochem.dal.ca/Rogerlab/Software/software.html

I would love if some experts in biochemie would have a look at these
pages.  (I did not even found a license, but I want you first have
a look whether it is worth asking for it.)