Re: Some suggestions for the homepage

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, [iso-8859-1] Frank Küster wrote:

some possible improvements in "Molecular Biology and Medical Genetics":

- For BLAST2, it says: "No homepage known". According to the copyright
 file, the homepage is http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/ - this looks
 correct

- you could add texshade, similar to boxshade, but exclusively creating
 (La)TeX input:
Besides the home page I wonder if you think that this also should go into
the list of dependencies for the med-bio package.  While I personally really
like (La)TeX I wonder if we would just flood the box of people who install
med-bio with a certain amount of software (tetex packages are not really
small) which is perhaps never used.  The possible alternative would be to
use a
    Recommends: texshade
What do you think about it?

Homepage is http://homepages.uni-tuebingen.de/beitz/tse.html, there
is also "TeXtopo": Plotting of shaded membrane protein topology data. No
package is available yet.
Seems to be an interesting project for packaging.  Any volunteers?
At least mentioning on the web pages would guarantee that we will not
forget it.

- Garlic does have a homepage: http://garlic.mefos.hr/garlic/index.html,
 I just submitted a bug to the BTS about this
Thanks for the hint.

- I would find it useful if the (upstream) development status of the
 projects was indicated. For a starter, rasmol is no longer developed
 (has been superseded by a Windows-only application).
Very good hint in general and especially for this package because we
also want to point to work which is necessary to do.

I guess, Tobias - or master of web pages ;-) - will care for your hints...