Re: More comments on the list of medical software projects

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Jörg Riesmeier wrote:

- DICOMscope is currently only listed under "Control of medical devices" but
 not under "Medical Imaging".  The same applies to the newly added CTN
 project.  Maybe, it would better to more clearly distinguish "Medical
 image communication" (i.e. DICOM) from "Medical image processing".
Any hints are appreciated here.  Just note, that I started this kind
of "categorisation" as an absolutely ineducated person in this field.
Take all of this as subject to change and propose enhancements who it
can be made better.

- The "inofficial" DCMTK package is now referenced on the "Medical Imaging"
 page but not on the "Control of medical devices" page where it is still
 listed under "Debian packages not available".
So I think we should remove this package from "Control of medical devices" and
start a new section "Medical image communication".  Would you think that other
program packages should go into this section.  We definitely would need your
input here because people who are currently dealing with Debian-Med
organisation do not use or know these programs.

- DICOMscope also has a German website which should probably be referenced
 on the German Debian-Med page: http://dicom.offis.de/dscope.php.de
I guess Tobias will add this link soon.