Fwd: Re: list of functions + GUI design

Subject: Re: list of functions + GUI design
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:24:58 -0800
From: Elpidio Latorilla <elpidio@care2x.net>
To: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>

Hi,

I can understand the reason behind the GUI design of Gnumed (or at least I
believe I understand it).  Gnumed wants to show all very important data at
once without the need to click buttons, pull-down menus, etc. This is highly
efficient in a busy work environment.

The tricky part of this is to find the optimum number of data and how to
 group them and where to place them. I believe that the GnuMed developers
 will make the right decisions considering that they know psychology and they
 have the actual experience in the actual work environment.

GnuMed is designed for GP doctors not for clerks nor DTP layouters. Lets see
it this way: a car has simple dashboard while a helicopter has a complex
instrumentation board.

Regards,
elpidio