Re: DICOM pixel data with medcon

Hi,

Am Freitag, 19. Dezember 2003 22:38 schrieb Juergen Salk:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to extract pixel data out of DICOM image
> files (CT and PET) for further analysis. Currently,
> I am using medcon to get the pixel values and pipe
> it's output into a filter program. Unfortunately,
> the `-p' option of medcon invokes an interactive
> routine, which requires some user input for image
> number, pixel range, etc. I have worked around that
> by using something like

Besides filing  a whishlist bug you could convert the file intro raw binary
(or ascii) and feed that to a script.

I just had a look at the source in MdcAskPixels (file m-pixels.c). To bring
all parameters into (and not break anything else) doesnt seem easy. But you
could alter that code to read a file in which you put the pixels you're
interested in (for a quick fix).

Regards and merry Xmas,

Roland

Roland Marcus Rutschmann <Rutschmann@gmx.net>