Re: patient data in XML

How about HL7? I dont have personal experience with it, but the latest HL7 is XML based and it is intended as a standard way of transmitting patient data (I'm sure someone on the list will correct me if i'm wrong?)

some links I found on a quick google search:
about - http://www.hl7.org/about/hl7about.htm
http://www.healthcare-informatics.com/issues/2000/04_00/hl7.htm
http://xml.coverpages.org/hl7PRA.html

Regards
Jubal

Iztok Stotl wrote:

I work in a periferal hospital and we have a problem exchanging patient data with the medical centre ... There is no convenient way to send data of the patient to the medical centre ,,, We wanto to be able to send the whole curse of hospitalisation data to the higher center, so they can help us with the managment of the patient ... It would be nice if a common (platform and program independent) way would exist ... so we would be able to send this data to the medical center in eletronical way and they could read it .... For now we are sending it via snail mail .... Does anyone know something about such project ? Iztok