Re: ANNOUNCE: usfda-ndc-drug-info v0.3

Andrew writes:

> What do you mean by "medicine information"?

Its pretty basic information. The CVS version of medfo works but there
is no automatic build. Provided it can find the database (and as of
this writing it expects it to be where usfda-ndc-drug-info installs)
and you have the necessary tools (db3++-dev, etc and xsltproc), it
should work.

Medfo allows one to search for drugs via brandnames, ingredients, and
classification albeit with a limited, beginning text-only search (no
regular expressions), but this should work for most cases.

Further, when finding an interesting med, the user may double-click on
the basics and see another window with detailed information on the
drug, specifically:

Dosage, Formulations, Classification, Dosage Forms, Packages (along
with the complete NDC code), as well as the manufacturer. The user may
also double click on the classifications or ingredient to view other
meds of the same classification or contain the same ingredient,
respectively.

Its basically just a displayable version of the fda's data off their
website.

> How does this package compare with the Multum Lexicon?

I briefly looked into this and as I recall, it is the same drug
information most likely from the exact same source.

Elizabeth