Re: Dicom Image Viewer for Linux?

On 30 Jan 2003, Florian Reichert wrote:

> > xmedcom - file -open vloop001 -> The same (as expected ...)
>
> baught today 512 M SDRAM -> know it works :) let me say it rocks ...
Newer use a box with less than 512MB ... ;-))

> The only Problem is how I could handle the RLE compressed files
> xmedcon says:
> Jan 30 19:59:57 log[1200]: error: Decompression failed
> Jan 30 19:59:57 log[1200]: error: No images found
>
> If you have any Idea how to solve this please let me know.
I guess this is concerned to patent issues of RLE compression
(for instance in GIF format this algorithm is used if I'm not
completely wrong).  Perhaps we have to build an non-free or even
inofficial package outside the Debian mirrors which supports this.

Roland, what are you thinking about this?