Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:40:35 +0100
From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>
To: gnumed-developers list <gnumed-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: bootstrap*

> > What I don't know is how to hide passwords in the command line
> > *options*, i.e. someone looping "ps -axfwwww" on the machine
> > in question thusly sniffing
> >
> > bootstrap* --pw-gm-dbowner=<a password>
> I do not know any way to prevent this and this is the problem
> with the shell method.  I do not know whether this could be
> prevented by a popen call inside your script.

OK, I'll go investigate the debconf interface but it has lower
priority than other things as the current code is perfectly
usable (apart from bugs) except that it does not fully
conform to some Debian whim or other. Meanwhile, patches welcome.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346