Re: [jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu: [Rd] Bioconductor 1.1 Released]

On 20 Nov 2002, A.J. Rossini wrote:

> I didn't catch the RFP, but I've got bioconductor 1.1 packages built
> (I'm a core developer for Bioconductor and release manager, but that's
> another story).
Not necessarily.  There is no conflict in beeing upstream developer and
Debian maintainer in one person. In fact it is the shortest way to
contact upstream. ;-).

> Even better (or worse, depending on your angle), if I can figure out
> the scripting, I'll have both Bioconductor 1.1 (updated for any
> bugfixes), and Bioconductor-cvs-RELEASEDATE packages built.
I think we should consider the stable branch for an official Debian
package.

> I still need to send them to Dirk for the "once over" (hopefully soon,
> but I still havn't rebuilt R on PPC Linux from source to get Dirk the
> errors so we can fix a small problem there...).
Why should you rebuild for PPC??? Is there any problem with the
Debian PPC packages?  Any bug reports filed?

Once this is solved you might consider contacting the sponsoree
of Michael Banck to get an agreement how to get the packages ready
(if you do not want to do it yourself by getting sponsored by some Debian
developer).

> (I'm not on the med project list I think (yet?), so this may need
> forwarding if it bounces, Andreas).
Debian lists do not bounce mails but I hope that the list of CCed
people would not cause anger by people subscribed and getting the
mail twice ...