Re: [jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu: [Rd] Bioconductor 1.1 Released]

>>>>> "andreas" == Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

    andreas> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

    >> But let's take it one step at a time. GNU R's own CRAN archive
    >> has some ~ 150 packages of which less than a handful are
    >> packaged by Chris Lawrence and yours truly. Then there is the
    >> Omega project at www.omegahat.org from which I packaged two
    >> pieces, and am stuck with few more difficult ones.
    >>
    >> What we'd need at this point is a Debian Developer who is
    >> fairly familiar with bioinformatics and willing to cover the
    >> bioconductor angle -- this is best done by people actually
    >> using the software.  andreas> Yes, definitely.  This is in fact
    >> the point why I filed an RFP and andreas> no ITP - just because
    >> I do not use it.

    andreas> I'll set it onto the Debian-Med webpages for further
    andreas> reference.

I didn't catch the RFP, but I've got bioconductor 1.1 packages built
(I'm a core developer for Bioconductor and release manager, but that's
another story).

Even better (or worse, depending on your angle), if I can figure out
the scripting, I'll have both Bioconductor 1.1 (updated for any
bugfixes), and Bioconductor-cvs-RELEASEDATE packages built.

I still need to send them to Dirk for the "once over" (hopefully soon,
but I still havn't rebuilt R on PPC Linux from source to get Dirk the
errors so we can fix a small problem there...).

One catch that I'm having (this is related to the build problems
mentioned above) would be needing to only install the tkWidgets and
hence R's tcltk package; while this is supposed to be done by default,
it bit me badly yesterday afternoon during final testing for release
of Bioconductor 1.1....

(I'm not on the med project list I think (yet?), so this may need
forwarding if it bounces, Andreas).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu