Re: SourceForge

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Iztok Stotl wrote:

> Does this kind of aplication already exist ?
For my knowledge: Yes and no.

> Many doctors have problems colecting data for their clinical research in
> medicine. This is especially a problem when they want to collect data
> betwen different hospitals. This is usually a lot of paperwork.
This are task which are covered by so called "Content Management Systems"
(CMS) and they are by no means special for medical care tasks.  Often CMS
are adapted to special needs for certain projects.

I think Debian contains some of such CMS frameworks which can be adapted
for certaeeds.  At least there exists one I know of which is a framework
on top of the Zope web application server which is called "Content
Management Framework".  It is available in the package zope-cmf (and related).
See all of these packages by

      apt-get search zope-cmf

> It would be nice if someone would make a web aplication, that would
> allow colecting differnet clinical data and it would be very
> customisible, like for example SourceForge.
The sourceforge code is available via

      apt-get install sourceforge

If you are currently not sitting behind a Debian machine:

~> apt-cache show sourceforge
Package: sourceforge
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 3362
Maintainer: Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 2.5-29
Depends: apache (>= 1.3.9) | apache-ssl (>= 1.3.9), libapache-mod-ssl | apache-ssl, php4, php4-pgsql, php4-gd, php4-cgi, php4-ldap, postgresql (>= 7.1.2), perl, perl-suid, libdbi-perl, libdbd-pg-perl, debianutils (>= 1.7), debconf (>= 0.5.00), ssh, libnss-ldap, bind9, slapd (>= 2.0.23-3), ldap-utils, exim | exim-tls, libpam-ldap, cvs, mailman, proftpd, elvis | nvi | vim, rcs
Filename: pool/main/s/sourceforge/sourceforge_2.5-29_all.deb
Size: 1183864
MD5sum: d9d18080fc50389a4e2e24616d9b4bc1
 This package provides many services a development project can use,
 such as bug-tracking, task management, mailing-lists, CVS repository,
 forums, support request helper, web page / FTP hosting, release
 management, etc.  All these services are integrated into one web site.
 They are managed via a nice web interface.

> The group leader would make a project and add his co-workers ... He
> would then choose the format (data type) and variables he would like to
> collect.
>
> Offcourse, there would also be a forum, temporary analysis of the data,
> etc ....
>
> Has anyone heard of such a project ?
I don't know whether the hints above would help.  Any information about
software projects which would cover your ideas better can be put on the
Debian-Med todo list.