Re: SourceForge

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Iztok Stotl wrote:
>
> > Does this kind of aplication already exist ?
> For my knowledge: Yes and no.
>
> > Many doctors have problems colecting data for their clinical research in
> > medicine. This is especially a problem when they want to collect data
> > betwen different hospitals. This is usually a lot of paperwork.

> This are task which are covered by so called "Content Management Systems"
> (CMS) and they are by no means special for medical care tasks.  Often CMS
> are adapted to special needs for certain projects.

There is also the work done by HL7 for a standard "Patient Record"
data structure. It pretty much defines what they consider the
necessary data that a hospital or other health service provider needs
on a particular patient. By making a standard, this should facilitate
the transfer of electronic client records between such organizations.

I'm not exactly sure if this pertains to the subject matter at hand,
however, and I just throw it out in case others are not aware of their
work. Of course, it's not an application but simply the abstract
definitions of the records themselves.

See <http://www.hl7.org/> for more information.

Elizabeth