Re: newbie and nervous cell

On 30 Apr 2002, Paolo Ariano wrote:

> the url is:http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij
Thanks. One remark to Java based software.  You should definitely make sure
that it compilies *and* runs with those Java utilities which are part of
Debian main.  Most of Java software out there has requirements which
can not be solved by DFSG-free tools.  That's why those programs have
to be put under the contrib section of Debian (contrib means the software
itself is free but requires non-free stuff to compile or run).

Moreover you should have a look into the Debian Java policy.  Sorry
I have no link at hand but you will find it by searchin www.debian.org
or mailing list archive of debian-java.

> yes i think that this program is quite good for biological/medical
> imaging :)
That's fine.

> > PS: If you intend building Debian packages please make sure that the
> >     problem with your shift-key will be fixed, because we follow the usual
> >     orthographic rules in package descriptions, readmes etc. ;-)
>
> mmm :-? i can't understand :)
Be avare of the ;-) in the end.  Just my automatic response for people
who do not use <Shift> to get uper case letters in the start of
sentences. :)