RE: Debian and FreePM

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Tim Cook wrote:

> I don't know that FreePM is something that they will want to
> distribute with Debian (though they may?) since it has a relatively
> limited and specific audience.
Wrong!
Please see:

    http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/practice

The Debian-Med project exactly aims at this audience and wants to make
sure that this specific software will be integrated smoothly into
Debian.  Debian-Med contains only official Debian packages.  This
does not mean that you can't split a separate, ready to run
distribution from it.

> Though I do agree that a FreePM.deb
> that installs easily and correctly is important.  See my rambling
> email about this.
Having separate Debian packages laying around outside Debian might
work or not - but it conflicts with all advantages the Debian
infrastructure provides and so it sucks.  I just vote for offical
package and will try to care for it personally or find some developer.
For example we just have OdontoLinux! (dental practice management)
and will have others in the same way.