Re: Remove support for nvidia-cuda-toolkit?

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 10:06:19PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi Roberto
>
> That was an interesting form. There were a few fields that I'm not
> sure how to fill in more than the obvious.
>
> Like what is the impact of full EOL.
> Is it as simple as just to tell that we will not provide security
> support for this package? Or is it something more?

You will have to assess that. For instance, if we would EOL firefox-esr,
the impact would be that many users to would lose access to current
versions (with security fixes) of a popular web browser. If we were to
EOL commonly used compiler/language runtime, then the ability of users
to build with that compiler/language runtime as well as the ability of
our team to build package updates could be impacted.

So, it is necessary to take a look at how a particular package is meant
to be used, how it is actually being used, and then assess how those
intended and actual use cases would be affected by an EOL decision.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez