Re: bind9 patch or new upstream version

Hi Sean

No I did not see it. I did not realize that since there were no note in dla-needed. Anyway thank you for letting med know. I'll check what you have determined already.

/ Ola

Den lör 13 apr. 2024 01:23Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> skrev:
Hello,

On Sat 13 Apr 2024 at 12:49am +02, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> Hi fellow LTS contributors
>
> Today I started on bind9 and realized one thing. In bullseye the
> security update is to release a new upstream version (released as
> 1:9.16.48-1) instead of patching the old version
> (1:9.16.44-1~deb11u1). For some reason the version used is -1 instead
> of ~deb11u1.
>
> Since this is not the normal practice I'd like to check so we have a
> common agreement that this is the best also for LTS/buster.
>
> In this case I think it is the safest method. Trying to pick the
> individual patches can be risky.
> Or do we know any specific reason why we should not go this path?

I tried working on this a couple of weeks ago and addressed some
questions to this list -- did you see my post?  I hadn't realised it had
been a whole two weeks since I'd posted.

--
Sean Whitton