Debian LTS report for September 2023

Hi everyone,

in September I tested and released DLA 3563-1 for samba.

In the process, I filed and followed up on several bugs related to sending signed mails to Debian mailing lists (#1050906, #1050915, #1051941, #1051943) [0].

I also discussed with the Debian samba maintainer the idea of moving splitting the AD DC binaries into a separate package, to make it easier to EOL AD DC setups in the future (#1051770) [1]. Direct communication however was hampered due to his ISP dropping connection attempts between his mail servers and mine.

I also filed [2] a final bug that prevented full automation in the (samba) functional test framework, that was related to how the Windows guest agent gets injected via virt-v2v. In the discussion a workaround became apparent that I implemented.

Thanks to our sponsors for financing this work, and to Freexian for coordinating!

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1050906
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1051770
[2] https://listman.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2023-September/thread.html#32556

Regards,