Re: Roll existing backports into ELTS update for distro-info-data?

On Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 10:21:45AM +0000, stefanor@debian.org wrote:
> From buster onwards, we've been providing stable updates, rather than
> backports.

cool!

> My issue here wasn't really about content, but about versioning and
> changelog history. Either way, the package would have the same CSV files
> inside it.

for debian-security-support I've solved the versioning question by
using different epochs per release. 11 for buster, 12 for bullseye, etc.

> So, I based my LTS and ELTS uploads on the last accepted backports
> uploads, to make upgrades seamless with or without the backport version
> previously installed.

cool!

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

"There's no glory in prevention." (Christian Drosten)