Re: Roll existing backports into ELTS update for distro-info-data?

Hi Holger (2022.10.31_23:43:42_+0000)
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 02:08:18PM +0000, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> > Back in those days, we used to publish distro-info-data updates via
> > backports, not stable updates. So there were backports published to both
> > stretch-backports and jessie-backports. Backports don't support LTS,
> > never mind ELTS.
>
> there are no debian-backports for debian-lts, as debian-backports for a release
> gets closed once the release becomes LTS.

Right, that was my issue. Historically the package was kept up to date
via backports, because this was a lighter-weight process than stable
updates. But obviously that couldn't continue into LTS, without the
separate backports pocket.

From buster onwards, we've been providing stable updates, rather than
backports.

My issue here wasn't really about content, but about versioning and
changelog history. Either way, the package would have the same CSV files
inside it.

So, I based my LTS and ELTS uploads on the last accepted backports
uploads, to make upgrades seamless with or without the backport version
previously installed.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera