Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 3107-1] sqlite3 security update

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 11:34:57AM +0200, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
> If I am not wrong, DLAs should be claimed/announced once the upload has
> been completed and accepted. I think this is documented here:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development#Announce_the_update
>
> "Only when you have confirmed that the package was processed after
> upload (once you get the accept email) should you send the DLA to the
> mailing list. "

In the case of DLA uploads you should rather even wait a little longer;
since there's no queue and if you've made a source upload for a large
package it might take some time until it's built.

If you send the DLA mail too early (at least wait until amd64 is uploaded
by the buildds for an arch:any package), people will get confused that
no update is available.

Cheers,
        Moritz