Re: RFR: openscad update

Hi Helmut,

I would propose that you are contacting the original openscad maintainer
and ask him, whether you can make a p-u upload for buster (if it is still
possible).

Thus you can get an experience with dealing of such uploads. Anyway, for
LTS we do not have any point releases. So basically it is possible to fix
even those CVEs which are not DSA-considered. But for not-important issue
it is better to pick up several issues (maybe together with some important
ones) and make an upload.

Leaving the package in dla-needed.txt without any action is not a good idea.
Or the upload should be done with the fixes. Or CVEs should be tagged as
<ignored> in tracker. In both cases the package should be removed from
dla-needed.txt as well.

The package can stay in dla-needed.txt longer (due to some testing
issues, or waiting for upstream reaction etc.) and it is OK. But simpl
leaving the package in dla-needed without any action can not bring a benefit.

Best regards

Anton