Re: RFR: openscad update

On 23/06/2022 17:01, Helmut Grohne wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking into updating openscad in buster to fix CVE-2022-0496
and CVE-2022-0497. They're already fixed in bullseye and later. They are
input sanitization issues and CVE-2022-0496 needed a little porting of
the patch. I verified that the provided PoCs for CVE-2022-0496 do
trigger in an asan/ubsan build and no longer trigger after applying the
patch. The provided PoC for CVE-2022-0497 did not trigger in an
asan/ubsan build, but the fix is quite obvious and the PoC looks quite
sensitive to the memory layout, so that's unsurprising. Beyond the
build-time test suite, autopkgtests also pass.

Given the buster -> LTS transition, I'm unsure where to upload this to.
Adam's mail seems to indicate that it's late for the point release.

What mail? afaik the plan is to have a buster point release before the buster handover to the LTS team, sometime around August, so it shouldn't be too late to fix this in buster-pu.

Cheers,
Emilio