Re: Accepted eterm 0.9.6-5+deb9u1 (source amd64) into oldstable
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 2:28 AM Moritz Mühlenhoff <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Right. So should we, in case of the same version in stretch & buster,
> > wait for point release to happen for buster & then do the stretch
> > upload?
> It depends :-)
> In the case of eterm is doesn't really matter; it only has dependencies
> which didn't change in the last decade, so it doesn't pose any issues
> for a stretch->buster update which happens between now and the 19th.
> But for other cases it could cause practical upgrade problems (that's
> why e.g. Emilio only releases Firefox and Thunderbird for LTS when the
> LTS+1 update is out), so in such a case it would be better to wait until
> the next point release. It's really a case-by-case decision.
Gotcha, thank you! :)