Re: Accepted eterm 0.9.6-5+deb9u1 (source amd64) into oldstable

Am Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 01:39:46AM +0530 schrieb Utkarsh Gupta:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:50 PM Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> wrote:
> > True that, but keep in kind that this update will only reach buster
> > users with the point relese on 2021-06-19.
>
> Right. So should we, in case of the same version in stretch & buster,
> wait for point release to happen for buster & then do the stretch
> upload?

It depends :-)

In the case of eterm is doesn't really matter; it only has dependencies
which didn't change in the last decade, so it doesn't pose any issues
for a stretch->buster update which happens between now and the 19th.

But for other cases it could cause practical upgrade problems (that's
why e.g. Emilio only releases Firefox and Thunderbird for LTS when the
LTS+1 update is out), so in such a case it would be better to wait until
the next point release. It's really a case-by-case decision.

Cheers,
        Moritz