Re: Upgrade problems from LTS -> LTS+1

Hi all

And this is the result:

Fist I instructed apt to download stretch and buster source packages files.

After that I run the command like this:
ola@tigereye:~$ ./checkversions.pl --old /var/lib/apt/lists/httpredir.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_source_Sources --old-sec /var/lib/apt/lists/httpredir.debian.org_debian-security_dists_stretch_updates_main_source_Sources --new /var/lib/apt/lists/httpredir.debian.org_debian_dists_buster_main_source_Sources --new-sec /var/lib/apt/lists/httpredir.debian.org_debian-security_dists_buster_updates_main_source_Sources

And the output is as follows:

mqtt-client: 1.14-1+deb9u1 newer than 1.14-1
ruby-websocket-extensions: 0.1.2-1+deb9u1 newer than 0.1.2-1
velocity: 1.7-5+deb9u1 newer than 1.7-5
debian-security-support: 1:9+2021.01.23 newer than 2020.06.21~deb10u1

So it looks like we have four packages to fix, that is four packages that have a higher revision in stretch than in buster. I'm a little  surprised about the debian-security-support package here.

Where do you think I should include this tool and what should I name it to?

Currently it just detects errors, it does not know whether the version error is from normal release or security release. This could be added if necessary.

Best regards

// Ola